Our Members are hiring! Please take a look at the opportunities below!
Eastern Lakeshore Regional Planning Team
OYAP Transitions Advisor
Summary Of Duties
- Lead group sessions on job readiness and post-secondary destinations for groups of students;
- Provide one-on-one support for students by contacting employers, visiting employers, providing employer contacts, arranging interviews;
- Collaborate with other ELRPT board and college OYAP coordinators, professional organizations and external partners;
- Contribute to report writing and management of records;
- Record detailed information showing how students are supported (phone calls, face-to-face meetings, facilitating interviews with employers; outlining financial aid assistance…);
- In some cases, support students in applications to college, pre-apprenticeship program, and other Employment Ontario supports;
- Regularly communicate with the ELRPT on the status of this pilot and the students;
- A final report will be submitted to SCWI at the pilot’s end which will include the following information:
- identify barriers to students in continuing their apprenticeship.
- identify any strategies the Transitions Advisor has considered or implemented to help students overcome these barriers.
- identify the important contacts (individuals or organizations) that were made in order to support these students
- describing 2-3 strengths of this pilot.
In addition to the duties listed above, please note that funding is based on the following expectations:
- Four one-to-one conversations with each OYAP student – based on 155 students
- Three group sessions per class (ex., financial aid, applying to post-secondary, next steps…) – based on 8 classes
- Professional Development and Reporting (includes OYAP meetings, SCWI webinars, policy documents…)
Qualifications And Skills
- Experience with college and school board practices especially as it relates to OYAP, SCWI and dual credit polices and procedures
- Have a demonstrated understanding of the apprenticeship process (Level 1, transition to post-secondary, local industry practices…);
- Knowledge of current educational issues and relevant College, Ministry and Board policies, documents and research;
- Demonstrated ability as an innovative and effective communicator and educator (flexible use of different technological platforms to keep students engaged, interested and motivated);
- Proven ability in promoting equitable practices which value inclusiveness and diversity;
- Connections to local industry would be an asset;
- Demonstrated organizational, planning, mentoring of staff and student development skills;
- Experience in teaching and learning with technology;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including report writing and presentation skills;
Please submit resume and cover letter via firstname.lastname@example.org and to the attention of:
Chair, Eastern Lakeshore Regional Planning Team
For more information, or to apply to these jobs, click the link below.
If you are a member and would like to have your job opportunity posted here, please e-mail email@example.com.